Going Bowling


We went bowling with the grandkids the other day and it was great. I had forgotten that they have these nifty metal racks for the children to roll the ball down to hit the pins. I wanted one of those (along with the bumper rails!) for my bowling. I'm not a good bowler, but then I only go about every 10 years. As I was watching the children use the bowling rack I was struck with thoughts about the other 'racks' that we can provide for children. Racks that will help children reach their potential. Reaching that potential is just has hard as a small child trying to maneuver a heavy bowling ball. They are much more successful if given a sturdy structure to begin the journey. I think we should all take a minute and go bowling with a child. It is a humbling experience when they get a higher score than you!